BI DWH Engineer | Den Haag / Amsterdam
We are in search for an allround BI DWH Engineer for 40 hours a week.
Within our client there is a big amount of data available. The area of focus of the BI teams is transforming
raw data into valuable insights. This transformation is done in the core parts of the Enterprise Data warehouse of client whereby these insights are related to the operational processes of the client. Meanwhile we are dealing with the rapidly growing amount of data and we would like to create as much value out of this as we possibly can. Much of what the team creates is directly used to improve customer experiences as these insights give colleagues the right information to be able to properly adjust clients processes. The teams have enormous amount of knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence which now will be utilized to provide insights of data for analytical and discovery purposes.
Part of the job is development within the clients Enterprise Data warehouse, another part is modeling, yet another is
collaboration with stakeholders and the environment. We are a multi-disciplinary team in which everyone fulfills multiple roles. Nobody works as only a developer or only as any other role. Although we are using several open-source and in-house build tools which should be mastered, it is far more important to have a data mindset, a love for data, curiosity and strong analytical capabilities. We are working in scrums teams which are not only doing scrum, we are living and breathing the agile mindset. We dare to be vulnerable and open to each other, we value harmony while also giving honest feedback with a mindset to help each other grow. If you are a soloist and like to primarily work on your own, this job is not for you. A large part of our success is the open and safe atmosphere and can-do mentality to incrementally and sprint by sprint improve on our product as well as on our way of working and organizing. Our BI environment is a knowledge pool, as we have a lot of senior team members onboard that are happy to share their knowledge. Therefore, you don’t only deliver results, you also contribute to a better, more effective and more fun organization in which you will deliver products together with your team. We’re here because we love what we do.
What do we expect from you?
- 3-10 years experience as Business Intelligence / Data warehouse environment;
- Proven experience as BI engineer or analyst with passion for data;
- Modelling experience within the BI field, like dimensional modelling, data vault, data mart;
- Experience with requirements gathering/elicitation and eager to work closely to business departments;
- Programming and scripting skills in order to contribute to automation in our application landscape;
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum or eager to learn Agile Way of Working;
- Knowledge of Python is an asset;
- Good communication skills English, Dutch is an asset;
- Strong team player with entrepreneurial mindset;
- Never settle and open to experiment in the way of working;
- DevOps modus: you build it, you own it;
- You must have EU passport, or just Dutch :).
Technical skills, is the technology we use. Not all must be a match, but at least half of it the candidate should have experience:
- ETL (Informatica);
- Datawarehousing concepts.
- In English;
- In Word;
- Maximum 5 page’s.
Voor meer informatie over deze functie kun je contact opnemen met Wendy van Ooijen bereikbaar op het nummer: 06 – 29 98 58 99. Als je geïnteresseerd bent in de functie nodigen wij je van harte uit een aanbieding te verzorgen via het aanbiedingsformulier.
Geplaatst op 2019-09-10 12:13:05