Technical Lead AWS | Amsterdam
Quest4 is voor de Nederlandse Spoorwegen op zoek naar een Senior Technical Lead AWS voor 36 uur per week.
How it works as a Senior Technical Lead AWS:
As a Technical lead, you’re responsible for the continuing development, optimisation and management of the Amazon Web Services Platform (AWS) used by NS International to develop its software products and take them to production. As a hands-on manager, you’re involved with the nuts and bolts of the platform, and work shifts in the monitoring team. Alongside your role, as product owner you’re the primary point of contact for the business and are responsible for prioritising the backlog and distributing work within the system team. You work in a scrum team made up of AWS developers/managers. Your work involves a great deal of coordination with other teams about technical solutions and dependencies.
Our ambition is to double the number of international journeys in 2030 compared to now. This affects NS International in all aspects, including sales, travel information, personalisation and safety.
Many tens of millions of sales are processed annually via AWS.
As well as being crucial for the delivery of reliable platforms, the system team works with automated pipelines and innovation to reduce the time to market and enable experimentation cost efficiently by using AI predictive models.
Thanks to your knowledge and skills, you’re invaluable when it comes to:
- Prioritising and work distribution of the backlog;
- Managing the system team;
- Transforming business interests into technical and sustainable solutions;
- Being the Chapter Lead for connecting the business IT teams to the AWS platform;
- Promoting the Do-It-Yourself principle within the IT teams;
- Facilitating automated software development and operation by other teams;
- Being a sparring partner for the system team, developers, Product Owners and architects;
- Migrating legacy systems to the cloud environment (AWS, Azure and Mendix);
- Taking part in monitoring team shifts (once or twice monthly).
- You have a problem-driven mentality (developing solutions in response to the question, not solutions that the question must adapt to).
You’ll work here:
NS International offers passengers high-speed travel to national and international destinations. We strive for comfort, speed and convenience. NS International offers sustainable travel right to the heart of the city. Our NS International Lounges in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and at Schiphol make travelling with our trains even more attractive. In addition, the number of destinations at home and abroad is growing steadily. To facilitate this, we work together with our national and international partners to continually develop a truly international rail network.
The NS International business unit is part of NS Group, and focuses on all the services related to international rail travel. NS International offers customers speed and convenience when booking tickets, travelling to the station, at the station and on the train. NS International is part of Railteam, a partnership between Europe’s major high-speed rail companies. Railteam seamlessly connects European high-speed lines. NS International is working in close collaboration with the Belgian national rail company (NMBS) in the BeNe partnership to deliver a distribution system to record all commercial and financial transactions.
The IT International department works for NS International and offers support for almost all IT issues for the Marketing, Commercial, Finance and Operations departments, and for BeNe. The IT landscape has many interfaces with numerous organisations and systems in various countries. NS International is on the threshold of a major change in the system landscape in which the ICT systems for primary sales processes will be revised.
IT International has around 60 staff, who work intensively in various multi-disciplinary scrum teams with the product owners of the various business units. The teams often consist of the following roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master, Information Analyst, Engineer, Test Analyst/Tester, Functional Application Manager. The system team, which you are part of in this position, consists of five people.
NS International implements elements of the SAFe framework, and works on the basis of Program Increments. This includes coordination with other organisational units within NS and external parties, in which NS International plays the leading role.
What you bring to the table:
- A completed HBO (Higher Vocational Education) level ICT degree as a minimum, or a proven ability to work and think at HBO level;
- At least 7 years proven experience in complex and modern cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines, possibly Docker;
- AWS certification, e.g. AWS certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator;
- Proven experience with Agile/Scrum working;
- Basic understanding of Java;
- Knowledge and experience of setting up an AWS platform;
- Proven experience with operational management;
- Understanding of advanced monitoring and alerting, backup and restore, networking etc;
- A good command of the Dutch and English languages.
- Je beschikt aantoonbaar over AWS certification, e.g. AWS certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator;
- Je beschikt aantoonbaar over minimaal 7 jaar aantoonbare ervaring in complexe maar ook moderne cloudomgevingen, CI/CD pipelines, evt Docker);
- Je bent akkoord met een bereikbaarheid dienst 1x per twee weken. Minimale oproepen, vanwege het feit dat er ‘s nachts geen deployments zijn;
- Je hebt de afgelopen twee jaar geen arbeidscontract bij NS gehad;
- Je bent in de afgelopen twee jaar niet aaneengesloten door NS ingehuurd (na een inhuurperiode van twee jaar eist NS een onderbreking van minimaal zes maanden)
- Je gaat akkoord met een achtergrondonderzoek voor start van de opdracht (VOG, geheimhoudingsverklaring en vragenlijst).
- In het Nederlands;
- In word;
- Maximaal 5 pagina’s.
Voor meer informatie over deze functie kun je contact opnemen met Wendy van Ooijen bereikbaar op het nummer: 06 – 29 98 58 99. Als je geïnteresseerd bent in de functie nodigen wij je van harte uit een aanbieding te verzorgen via het aanbiedingsformulier.
Geplaatst op 2019-03-20 07:48:07