Senior Back-end Developer PHP/Drupal8 – permanent employment | Amsterdam
As a PHP/Drupal8 Back-end Web developer you will work in a dynamic team with multiple high performance websites which need to be enhanced and improved constantly. Therefore, we are looking for people with a strong technical background and ability to getting things done. You will work with one of the scrum teams and will be responsible for:
- Implementing and driving changes
- Ensuring high quality and on-time deliverables
- Analyzing and debugging production problems
- Sharing knowledge with team and business
- 4+ years experience in PHP (web) landscape, Drupal (big bonus Drupal 8), Symfony, Composer, PEAR
- Good Linux command line skills, shell scripting
- Proficient in different data storage / caching solutions (SQL, NoSQL, memcached, Solr, Redis)
- Concepts: queuing, pub/sub, design patterns
- Load balancing, high availability, clustering
- High performance experience, load testing, CDN, edge caching, middlewares
- Good communication skills
- Experience creating elegant (REST) API’s using XHR, JSON(P)
- Good understanding of the webstack. What happens between http request and the response.
- Basic understanding of SSL, (S)FTP, DNS
- Authentication, authorization, sessions, XSS, CORS
- Experience building consumer facing web applications, SEO
- Practical attitude towards getting things done.
- Code belongs on production and not on a development server.
- Team player, who is used to working in an agile / scrum environment.
- Experience with CI build servers, git
- Fluent in English
Nice to haves:
- Experience in news / media sector, CMS’s and Python
- Separation of concerns on the frontend, CSS, logic-less templating etc.
What we offer:
- A chance to work with professionals from several fields
- Work with the latest tech stacks
- Scrum – Lean not only fashionwords within the company, but driven by…..
- A chance to work in a competitive environment where you can learn and grow technically
- We organize hackatons, techdrinks and meetups, market conform salary, and excellent secondary benefits, including Mac Book, Iphone6, newspaper on your doorstep and Gym in the building;
- The office is at Amsterdam Sloterdijk, which is 5 min. from the Central station by train
- Parking possibility
- Based at:
- Request number:
- Starting date:
- Amount of hours per week:
- 36 or 40 hours
- Closing date request:
- Contact person Quest4:
- Alies de Graaf
Our account is one of the largest publishers in The Netherlands. Their websites reach millions of people every day. The product development department is focused on building and maintaining all digital platforms.They also produce, distribute and market 24/7 content, providing customers with news and entertainment.
The Product Development methodologies are typically Agile, like Scrum. Product Development is organized around autonomous, co-located and multidisciplinary teams. Disciplines include Product Management, Software Engineering, System Engineering as well as specialists in the field of User Interface, Interaction Design and QA.
For more information about this application please contact Alies de Graaf on number 06 270 48 792 – Resource Consultant at Quest4. Or sent Alies a mail at A.deGraaf@Quest4.nl. Include your application with a git-hub report.
* If you want to be part of the procedure, you have to live in the Netherlands!
More information about Quest4 as organisation, you can find on www.Quest4.nl
Please contact Alies de Graaf 0627048792 for more information about the position. If you are interested we invite you aoply by sending your propsal through the offer form below.
Geplaatst op 2017-05-10 22:07:07